- The MIC Environmental Office requested funding for the study, developed funding sources, and coordinated activities needed to design the Study. Community members were hired to collect and prepare samples, and worked with the Study Team and other stakeholders during the study.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) took the lead in preparing the Study Plan, which included procedures for sampling and analysis.
- RIDOLFI worked closely with the Environmental Office, NOAA, and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) during the planning and sampling phases, to coordinate these activities. Once the samples were analyzed, RIDOLFI validated and interpreted the data and produced the study report.
- ATSDR evaluated the study report and prepared a Health Consultation for the Community.
- Representatives of the Study Team presented the findings of the Seafood Study to the Metlakatla Council and Community in March 2004.