- I've served as Chair of the Assembly's Finance Committee which reviews all aspects of Borough finances and has significant responsibility in crafting the overall budget.
- I was born in 1959 and have lived in Alaska (Fairbanks & Ester) since 1976.
- I'm happily married to Nancy Sonafrank, as I have been since 1979.
- Our daughter Colette graduated from West Valley High School and went on to Oberlin College.
- Our son Eli attends West Valley.
- Professionally, I am the Supervisor of the Computer Resource Center at UAF's Geophysical Institute where I've worked since 1979. My first 15-1/2 years there were in the Seismology & Volcanology laboratories.
- I served for 6 years on the Borough Planning Commission, of which I was Chair when elected to the Assembly in 1996.
- I earned my Bachelor's degree in Economics from UAF in 1986.
- I served for 8 years on the Ester Volunteer Fire Department's Board of Directors. I served as its President, Treasurer, and Secretary.
- I served as the Alaska state delegate to the League of Women Voters 1996 national convention. I've been an active LWV member since 1993.
- I've been a member of the Greater Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce since 1993 and understand that environmentally sustainable economic growth is vital to our community.
Return to my Politically Speaking page
Work Email: email@example.com Home Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Voice: 907-474-7277 (office) 907-474-8831 (home) FAX: 907-451-8831 Address: 3860 Azurite Drive Ester,
Alaska USA 99725-0178
Artwork is one of my primary avocations.
Here's a small sample (mostly of stained glass).
Professionally, I supervise the
Computer Resource Center
Current FNSB Assembly Information
Don't follow this link. It executes a program to help foil unwanted automatic email address collection robots. Here's how to get the program for your Web server.